Bringing people collectively is just one of the key aims of Canada’s immigration process.
The major way Canada does this is by its Spousal, Partner, and Little ones immigration sponsorship category. Canada seems to be to welcome all around 80,000 immigrants via this group each individual yr.
Canadian citizens and long lasting citizens may perhaps sponsor their partner, typical-regulation lover, or conjugal partner to acquire Canadian lasting residence. The Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) acknowledges same-sex relationships.
Looking to sponsor your spouse? Entire this variety so a Campbell Cohen law firm can aid you!
Eligibility requirements for sponsors
The eligibility criteria to sponsor your beloved one is as follows:
- You have to be at minimum 18 a long time aged
- You are a Canadian citizen, long term resident, or are registered as an Indian beneath the Canadian Indian Act. If you are a Canadian citizen now living abroad, you will need to have to display to IRCC you intend to dwell in Canada with your companion upon them attaining long term home. Lasting people seeking to sponsor will have to reside in Canada at the time of publishing their sponsorship software.
- You ought to demonstrate you are not obtaining social guidance unless of course you have a disability.
- You have to clearly show you can meet up with the monetary demands of your beloved a person in Canada.
Who you can sponsor
Sponsored people today will have to be at minimum 18 many years outdated and tumble less than a person of the adhering to teams:
- Partner: This suggests your partner is legally married to you.
- Typical-regulation husband or wife: This usually means your spouse is not lawfully married to you, but has been living with you for at minimum 12 consecutive months.
- Conjugal companion: This signifies your associate is not legally married to you, has been in a romantic relationship with you for at the very least just one calendar year, resides outside of Canada, and is unable to marry you due to a cultural, spiritual, or lawful obstacle. For illustration, interfaith marriages are limited in your partner’s country.
How to post your sponsorship application
You require to post two applications to IRCC: the sponsorship software and long term residence software. IRCC asks you to submit equally programs together.
Phase 1: Confirm you meet up with the eligibility requirements to sponsor.
Stage 2: Get the application deal from IRCC’s web site.
Action 3: Pay back all essential fees on IRCC’s internet site. Illustrations of fees contain processing, proper of long-lasting home, and biometrics costs.
Step 4: Mail the two purposes jointly to IRCC.
When IRCC approves the software, you and your husband or wife need to fulfil particular obligations. You are economically dependable for your cherished just one for at the very least a few many years. Your associate is not permitted to sponsor yet another man or woman for five years soon after they attain Canadian permanent residence.
Searching to sponsor your lover? Finish this kind so a Campbell Cohen attorney can help you!
© CIC Information All Legal rights Reserved. Visit CanadaVisa.com to uncover your Canadian immigration possibilities.