Media, Regulation & Policy
At the summary of the slide 2021 semester, five LL.M. students graduated from the School of Legislation. These graduates, from Brazil, Iraq and Saudi Arabia, join a lot more than 200 overseas-educated lawyers from close to the planet who are now Higher education of Law alumni.
“These pupils worked by means of so lots of issues and stayed adaptable and good throughout what was an remarkable and demanding tutorial experience underneath the shadow of a pandemic. Though some commenced their scientific studies in classes supplied completely on-line, I’m thrilled that all have been at some point able to be a part of us at the Higher education of Regulation to get in-person courses in Dineen Corridor,” says Andrew S. Horsfall L’10, assistant dean of global programs.
The fall 2021 graduates are:
- Ahmed Al Shattawi (Iraq): Al Shattawi acquired his bachelor of legislation from Al-Nahrain University in Baghdad, Iraq. Quickly following his LL.B. scientific tests, he emigrated to the United States, settling in Syracuse, exactly where he attained a degree in electrical engineering and will work for Anaran, a local engineering and technological know-how firm. All through his LL.M. experiments, he chose to focus on classes in American legal regulation and method as nicely as topics tested on the New York Bar Test.
- Saad Alqahtani (Saudi Arabia): Alqahtani acquired a bachelor of law from King Saud College in Saudi Arabia in 2010. He has worked as a lawful investigator in the General public Administration for Authorized Affairs in the Ministry of Transportation in Riyadh considering the fact that 2011. Alqahtani targeted his scientific tests on corporate compliance, negotiation and actual estate regulation. Though at Syracuse, he gained an Excellence for the Upcoming award in Genuine Estate Legislation for Business enterprise from the Middle for Laptop-Assisted Legal Schooling.
- Samuel Alvarenga Goncalves (Brazil): Alvarenga obtained his LL.B. from the University of Itaúna and a master of legislation from Pontifical Catholic College of Sao Paolo, the two in Brazil. He is at the moment pursuing his Ph.D. in legislation from Brazil’s Federal University of Minas Gerais. Alvarenga serves as a state prosecutor in the state of Rondônia where he specializes in public health and fitness matters. He pursued programs in class steps and civil treatment.
- Hugo Carrasco Soulé López (Mexico): Carrasco obtained an LL.B. and Ph.D. in legislation from the Countrywide Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM). He is a professor of law at UNAM, exactly where he teaches civil method, contracts, class actions and wellbeing regulation. He has printed legislation evaluation content and publications. He is also in-residence counsel for Johnson & Johnson. He enrolled in classes this kind of as constitutional regulation, negotiation competencies, European Union legislation and courses that will get ready him for the New York Bar Examination.
- Sebastian Valenzuela (Mexico): Valenzuela is ending his LL.B. at the Instituto Tecnológico Autónomo de México (ITAM) and comes to us beneath a twin-degree software. All through his scientific tests, he has worked as a lawful assistant for a casino administration organization as effectively as with a federal courtroom. He pursued coursework in tax, regulatory and administrative law through his LL.M. experiments.
In addition, 4 exchange college students are returning to their household institutions getting put in the drop semester at the School of Legislation. They are:
- Jakub Domanski (Poland): Domanski is enrolled in the University of Bialystok. Throughout his semester in Syracuse, he pursued classes in organization law, administrative regulation and European Union regulation.
- Costanza Giuntini (Italy): Giuntini is enrolled in the University of Florence. She concentrated her scientific tests on evidence and prison law and the legislation during her semester in Syracuse.
- Matilde Manfriani (Italy): Manfriani is enrolled in the University of Florence. She studied classes similar to business enterprise regulation and company finance during her semester in Syracuse.
- Federico Paganelli (Italy): Paganelli is enrolled in the College of Florence. He examined subjects in banking law, negotiations and small business legislation during his semester in Syracuse.
In January, the School of Legislation anticipates a cohort of roughly 10 LL.M. students, one particular exchange college student and three new Traveling to Scholars.